This is me, trying to do some art and have some fun! AHOY THERE ME H-ARTY'S.

Monday 6 July 2015

My hand warmers are famous (summer of colour and other bits)

Hello everyone!

So sadly I do not have anything to show for this weeks summer of colour :-( I am very very sad about this but I just did not have the time.  It is coming up to stock take in my day job and I have been working extra hours to try and make sure everything is ready!  I am determined to get this weeks done though, I don't want to miss 2 weeks in a row, that would make me extra sad!

So on to the main reason for this post!  For those of you who follow me on here you will know that I took part in my first ever craft fair in March.  I had a great time and sold a few things which was nice.  Anyway at the end of the two days a lovely lady came over to my stall to have a look at my things.  She had her own stall where she sold really amazing head dresses.  We had a bit of a chat and she picked up a pair of my hand warmers that were green with a brown leaf design on them.

These are the gloves she eventually bought!

Fast forward to a couple of Sundays a go and I settle down to watch Amazing Spaces Shed of The Year.  I noticed straight away that the lady who had bought my hand warmers was one of the contestants on the show.  I sat and thought to myself, I wonder if she still has those hand warmers she bought from me.  The show starts and they visit her (actually amazing) shed, the camera pans slowly down.......


OH MY GOSH there are my hand warmers, on the TV!! I have to say I nearly fell off my couch at this point!  I was genuinely quite excited and very happy too.  I have since learnt that the ladies name is Tracy and she is an artist.  Her amazing shed is an Eco shed that looks like an owl, it really is amazing.

So there you go, that is my news for this week :-P  I would also like to say that although I don't usually manage to reply to comments left on my Blog, I do appreciate every single one of them!!  I try to comment on all of the Summer of Colour posts but there are so many it can be difficult but I am there appreciating all of your lovely work :-)

10 comments:

  1. :-D These are GORGEOUS!!!! Loooove them! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful and very exciting!! I would have been squealing with delight. I'm going to google her shed, to have a sneaky peak.
    Many thanks for all your lovely comments you leave, I appreciate the time you take; I know it can be hard to reply to everyone's comments, but I know you're around {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's pretty amazing, to see your gloves like that. I can imagine you squealing, I would've too. They look good and quite unusual, you couldn't mistake them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, I can imagine you almost fell off your chair :-D That is just fantastic! Must be so great to see where your work ended up and that it's so appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW WOW WOW ..this is really awesome that she wears YOUR artsy handwarmers for this special occasion! GREAT! Congrats! They look amazing!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. The handwarmers are fabulous!! And what a surprise! No wonder you nearly fell off the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a wonderful story!
    so happy for you. the hand warmers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, how amazing to see your fabulous handwarmers on tv!!! I'm chuffed to bits for you!

    I do hope you manage to join in with SOC this week....

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! You can say your creations have been on TV! That's brilliant and they look so good on her too. Just made for her! :D

    ReplyDelete