This is me, trying to do some art and have some fun! AHOY THERE ME H-ARTY'S.

Friday 12 September 2014

Mermaids, tangles and knitting OH MY!

I was supposed to be getting better at Blogging but I have in fact gotten worse! I tell myself I will Blog every other day but every other day I seem to have a million and one things to do!!

Well anyway here I am now! I've had a nice couple of weeks, met up with a few friends, watched the Tour of Britain (cycling) as it whizzed past the bottom of my street. I seem to live in a good place for events.  I live close to two parks...events always happen in parks, and off a really long straight road which is good for carnivals and the like.  I really enjoy going as its a nice community feel!



This is us waiting for the Cyclists and then being amazed by how fast (and how close) they were going!! It was pretty cool! I don't know if you can tell but I've also had my hair done! It's not reddish anymore! It's not staying like this either, this is just the colour it went after I stripped the hair dye off my hair! I like it though so that's OK!

I've been working on a few commissions and secret knitting projects lately too.  It's been fun but stressful as I really want to get it right!!




The top one is a monogrammed pair of booties for a friend! I really enjoyed making those because they didn't take too long and it's a bit different than what I usually do.  The second photo is for a secret project that i can't reveal just yet but it's for too gorgeous little girlie's :-) The third photo is a hand warmer I made yesterday.  The wool is so soft and I LOVE the colour! I'm tempted to keep it myself but I'm hoping to add it to Snow Bunny's Knits soon!

I have also managed to squeeze in some of my art classes from Willowing which I'm very happy about as I've been dying to do them! I'm currently working on a mermaid, I've literally never attempted a mermaid so this is new ground for me and I'm really liking it!


I feel like she looks better in person but I'm pretty pleased with her so far! I'm just trying to decide on the best way to cover up her boobs :-P I could do a typical seashell bra or a friend suggested star fish! I'm not entirely sure how I would manage that but I can give it a go.  The next step is to add some colour...exciting! Speaking of colour, I added some to my tangle picture I've been working on. 


I haven't quite worked out what I'm doing with it yet but it's getting there! I'm hoping to work on more complicated tangles in the future, I LOVE entangles and any doodle style drawing when there is loads going on!

Anyway that's me for now! Hopefully i will get better at Blogging one day :-P 

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE those handwarmers! Might have to make some of these for myself :-) your little mermaid is coming along nicely, and the tangle picture looks great. Blogging every other day is a lot, I wouldn't be able to do it. Maybe try with setting a goal of once a week, and see how that works out ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i will have to do that! I love blogging but never seem to have the time!

      Delete
  2. Hi Caz,

    I've come over from Kirsty's blog and have really enjoyed your fun post! You are like me and cover a lot of ground. It's nice to see someone else who does that! I enjoyed meeting you, seeing your lovely photo (with really pretty hair!) and that of the bikers! How exciting! Your knitting and your art work are all fabulous! Awesome mermaid. I've also seen drawings of mermaids where the hair comes a bit down in the front in "strategic" places. Your tangle picture is so unique and gorgeous!!

    I sent you an email. I'd love to have you come over and check out my blog and become a follower, too, if you like. I introduce my new followers to my readers and it's been a great way to meet new people! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'd love to check out your Blog, I'm about to reply to your email too ;-)

      Delete
  3. What an interesting post, with lots to see and enjoy reading :D You are a very busy person with lots going on both inside and outside of your home, that's great to have variety and it's lovely that you have lots to see or take part in locally. I look forward to seeing the big reveal of the second project :D Your mermaid is very pretty. If it's a mixed media piece you could add some fabric to the front, or how about knitting a cover!? Another thing to look forward to seeing progress. You tangle picture is very good, I think they are quite relaxing to do.
    Have a fab weekend ((hugs)) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol! I love all of the projects you are involved in! Your knitting is wonderful! And so creative!! And I really like the willowing art - your mermaid is going to be so beautiful. I love all of your art, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love to knit and i'm always trying to think of fun things to do :-P

      Delete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun going on over there, I just love your knitting project, sweet big pink bow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Now i've seen how cool they are i'm hoping to make them in to brooch type things!!

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of two little star fish clinging on :-D She's a gorgeous little mermaid Carol!

    Loving seeing your other projects too - am intrigued by your secret one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You've been very productive!

    P/s: When I first started blogging, I played in weekly challenges. It was a way to post on my blog regularly...even if it's just once a week. Now I post only 1 project per post so that I have something to post during my lull periods.

    ReplyDelete