This is me, trying to do some art and have some fun! AHOY THERE ME H-ARTY'S.

Monday 4 June 2012

Celestial Sugar Skull!

I have not been on here in waaaaaay too long!! I would love to say it's because I've spent all of my time drawing but it's not! I've been working and trying to strip gloss of my stairs and knitting some bits......real life things haha!!

I have done a bit of drawing though, more Sugar Skulls of course! I do need to branch out one day but for now these work for me :-P


I wanted to do some sort of theme so I went for Celestial sort of! I'm not sure I hit the mark though, what do you think??



This is the almost finished version! I tried to use blue and yellows but I'm not sure the colour scheme is quite right! The silver is my beloved sharpie (I must get more of those) and the rest of the colours are my letraset pro markers! I love these pens so much!! I was once on a mission to collect all of the colours but I didn't even get halfway there.......maybe I can start again haha!!

I don't know if I should line the drawing with black or go for the dark blue.......decisions decisions haha! I always line with black as i like the very graphic look so maybe i should try blue for a change!! I also think I need to work on the skull shape. It's not looking too bad though!

In other arty news, me and my friend Katie (check out her website, she makes amazing paper cuts!) are going down to London in July to see the Summer Exhibition! I have been dying to do this for years so I'm sooooooo excited! The tickets are booked and everything! WAHOO! You can expect lots of photos from that trip!!

Anyway I hope you have all enjoyed your Diamond Jubilee weekend :-)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carol I like outlining in black too...but you do what feels right to you. I think your "sugar skull" is looking pretty good...like the color scheme and the celestial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you :-) I deffo need to line it with something soon though!!

      Delete
  2. It has a very circus feel to it. I love your skulls. I'm so jealous that you are going to the Summer Exhibition too! I'll look forward to those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first time :-D toooooo excited!!

      Delete
  3. Nicely done. I would go with outlining in black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver Sharpie?! I must get one!
    I think this guy is wonderful! Black outlining is so predictable...I'd choose the silver....being my new favorite and all...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That silver sharpie is one of my best finds :-D I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete